Saturday, September 12, 2009

Our first days at home together

Can't believe that we came home from the hospital exactly one week ago tonight! The week flew by, and we've had a really nice, low-key time at home together. Daddy is just loving wearing John Patrick in the infant carrier, and washing dishes with him even! We tried some newborn portraits at home, but he was a little fussy in the knit cocoon I had made for him, so I am going to try again with my friend Emily tomorrow- look for more pictures soon! Here are a few of what we've been up to this week.

We took him to our favorite restaurant Black Market to celebrate his one-week birthday (we had hoped to go there for lunch the Thursday I ended up in labor with him). He was so good- slept in the infant carrier on daddy the whole time and didn't even flinch when the trains came passing by right next to us! We even enjoyed a visit from William's sister Sr. Joan Marie, who was in town for a conference this weekend. And, we have enjoyed lots of naps together! He is eating and sleeping so well, and is an all-around happy baby!!














1 comment:

  1. Hey guys - little John Patrick looks sooo cute! So glad that we got to see him last weekend! I posted a few new shots on my blog today as well. I see that you have him in the Guess onesie I got for him in the later pictures...I'm glad to see that it fit and you could get some use out of it. Thanks for sharing your blog. I can't wait to see more pictures as little "Jack" grows up especially since we are so far away.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete